The Southern Highlands
You’ll relax and unwind among the gentle green hills of the Southern Highlands, where a cool climate and rich soil have produced excellent wines and beautiful, formal gardens. This delightful region, just 90 minutes’ drive south of Sydney or 90 minutes north of Canberra, is known for its heritage villages and old world charm.
Good food is on offer throughout the area at country inns in Berrima, Mittagong, Moss Vale and Kangaroo Valley.
Enjoy genuine country hospitality in cosy B&B accommodation or a grand country manor. You’ll find plenty of ways to de-stress – with a soothing spa treatment, by playing golf, going bushwalking or canoeing down a peaceful river. The International Cricket Hall of Fame at Bowral attracts cricket fans from around the globe.
- Berrima, the best-preserved Georgian village on the Australian mainland.
- Bowral is famous for its country gardens and fields of tulips in spring.
- Bundanoon is the northern gateway to Morton National Park.
- Fitzroy Falls is best known for the waterfall that plunges spectacularly into the thick valley.
- Kangaroo Valley A National Trust-listed village that’s nestled between mountains.
- Mittagong lies between the volcanic peaks of Mount Gibraltar and Mount Alexandra.
- Moss Vale’s tree-lined main street make it one of the most picturesque towns in the Southern Highlands.
- Robertson The setting for the film Babe, Robertson is a gateway to some of the State’s best waterfalls.
- Sutton Forest, taste the food and wine of the Southern Highlands.